Full Specifications and Features
- Sensor Type
- 1.0-type (13.2 mm x 8.8 mm) Exmor® RS CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- 20.2 MP
- Lens type
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T*, 14 elements in 11 groups (7 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- F-number (Maximum Aperture)
- F2.8 constant
- ND Filter
- Auto/On (3 steps)/Off
- Focal length (f=)
- (f=) 35 mm format equivalent; Still Image 3:2] f = 24-200 mm; [Still Image 16:9] f = 25-213 mm; [Still Image 4:3] f = 26-220 mm; [Still Image 1:1] f = 31-259 mm; [Movie 16:9] f = 26-212 mm (SteadyShot Standard), f = 29-305 mm (SteadyShot Active), f = 33-315 mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active); [Video 4K 16:9] f = 28-233 mm (SteadyShot standard); [HFR 960 fps] f = 41-330 mm (Quality Priority), f = 59-460 mm (Shoot Time Priority); [HFR 480 fps] f = 28-233 mm (Quality Priority), f = 41-330 mm (Shoot Time Priority); [HFR 240 fps] f = 26-212 mm (Quality Priority), f = 28-233 mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- AF (W: Approx. 3 cm to infinity, T: Approx. 25 cm to infinity)
- Optical Zoom
- 8.3x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Digital Zoom (Still Image)
- Screen Type
- 2.95" (3.0-type) (4:3)/1,228,800 dots/Xtra Fine/TFT LCD
- 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED)
- Image Processing Engine
- BIONZ X™
- Optical SteadyShot; [Still Image] Optical; [Movie] Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti Rolling type)
- Light Metering Mode
- Multi Pattern/Center-Weighted/Spot
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- Auto: (ISO 100-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80); Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO 100-12800), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- Minimum Illumination (Movie)
- Auto: 3.0 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30")
- WB Micro Adjustment
- G7-M7, A7-B7
- Shooting Mode
- Intelligent AUTO/Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR 1,2,3; Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); Panorama; Scene Selection
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5fps
- Drive Modes
- Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Single-bracketing, Cont.-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Picture Profile
- Off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Exposure Control
- Flash Type
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- Recording Format (Movie Audio)
- XAVC S: LPCM 2ch/AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator)/MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still)
- sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size)
- [16:9] 17M (5,472 x 3,080)/7.5M (3,648 x 2,056)/4.2M (2,720 x 1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- [NTSC] AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/120p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL)
- [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
- Recording: NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/1000fps)/25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/1000fps) NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps)/30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps)/24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps) Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels: Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824 x 1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,676 x 566), 960fps/1,000fps (1,136 x 384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676 x 566), 480fps/500fps (1,136 x 384), 960fps/1,000fps (800 x 270)
- Input and Output Terminals
- Headphones, High-Speed USB (USB 2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone (0.14" Stereo minijack), Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Multi Interface Shoe
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wireless Capabilities
- NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing, Wi-Fi®
- Battery System
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life(Still Images)
- Up to 400 shots/180 min
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 5.08 x 3.47 x 4.02 in
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 1.70 lb (Body only), 28.68 oz (with battery and media)
20.2 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
The world's first 1.0"-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 super-high-speed shutter beyond human perception. The extended circuit features higher signal processing capacity and more-than-five times faster high-speed readout than conventional models.
BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
Digital cameras convert light captured by their sensor into digital images. Since the engine that powers conversion is as important as your lens and sensor, the RX10 II features the high-speed BIONZ X™ processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise while shooting photos and movies.
Bright ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* F2.8 zoom lens
ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* zoom lens provides a constant F2.8 large aperture throughout the 24–200 mm zooming range. Composed of 7 aspherical elements, this lens captures awesome close-ups and transforms movies and stills into works of art. Pro-style Manual Ring works as a zoom and aperture controller (with click sound on/off for silent operation), etc.
Direct 4K movie recording via camera alone
The RX10 II can record high-precision 4K movie data directly on a memory card inserted into the body while suppressing moiré and jaggies. A front-end LSI that handles mass volume data through full pixel readout at higher speed lets the camera suppress image distortion of moving subjects due to the rolling shutter phenomenon.
Super slow motion at maximum of 40x
Using the mode dial to select HFR, it's easy to create super slow motion movies containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1,000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL), for the speed of a moving subject. Image quality is nearly Full HD at 240/250 fps, and HD at 480/500 fps in Quality Priority mode. The end trigger mode also enables you to capture 2 or 4 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture the decisive moment.
1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter
Up to 1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter works to minimize image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon. The extraordinarily fast shutter speed also allows you to produce photos with background defocusing using a large aperture setting even under extremely bright conditions at a maximum of EV 19.
Quick precision autofocusing up to 0.09 s
AF performance of the RX10 II reaches speeds as fast as 0.09 second. To help you capture momentary shutter opportunities without fail, the adaptable lens also provides the rapid, reliable Direct Drive Super Sonicwave Motor (SSM) for smooth and highly precise focus driving that works together with Fast Intelligent AF.
Up to 14fps continuous shooting with reduced blackout
Thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor—and despite its 20.2 MP high pixel count—the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps achieve continuous shooting up to 14fps. This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ for inspired shooting
High-contrast electronic viewfinder (EVF) delivers high resolution equivalent to 2359k dots. Stunning resolution and self-illumination allow display of subtlest details for precise composition.
Pro-style operability and features
Count on pro-style control with a manual ring for manual operations and Multi Interface (MI) Shoe for future expandability with various accessories for advanced photographers. Solid magnesium-alloy chassis with dust/moisture-resistant design of all operating parts including dials and buttons is ideal for tough outdoor use.
Connect to smartphones and tablets with one touch
Instantly transfer a photo or movie to your Android smartphone or tablet by simply touching it with the camera — using downloadable PlayMemories Mobile and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication). One touch can also activate Smart Remote Embedded, for remote control of the camera from a mobile device and movie recording start/stop.
Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA)
Enjoy a camera that gains functionality with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps for remote control, picture and video effects, and much more. Installation is simple using your PC or the camera's own Wi-Fi connection. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Choose pro-quality XAVC S or AVCHD movie recording
Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K, movie recording at up to 100 Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
Diverse movie functions supporting pro-style usage
Various available movie functions include Picture Profile (that determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment), S-Log2 gamma (that extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush), TC/UB, Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, etc.
Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Sensitivity extends right up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower-limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
Custom button creative convenience
The custom (C) button allows you to program one of over 40 possible functions to best adapt the camera's capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently used function or a preferred setting to this button, you can call it up promptly. You'll gain convenient fingertip access to your selection — for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
Dual Rec still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17 MP while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even if movie shooting. New Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
Various shutter functions now enhanced
Shutter-related functions have been improved. For example, the self-timer function now supports bracket shooting, so you can use this valuable feature even in situations when you can't release the shutter yourself. The number of exposure bracket shots is expanded to nine.
This function, which boosts image brightness for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
MF Assist and Peaking functions for focus refinement
These features help you fine-tune the focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF. It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improve tracking performance, and taking full advantage of every photo opportunity.
Remote Camera Control supported
When the camera is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer connected via USB port. All you need is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.
Capture One Express (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution. * Please contact Phase One regarding all inquiries as to usage and support including functional compatibility of Capture One Express (for Sony).
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.