α6500 Premium E-mount APS-C Camera
The reasons to choose this model
Counteracting five types of camera shake
5.0-stops-faster shutter speed effect
A new, very accurate gyro sensor is a key to image stabilization with the effect of a five-stops-faster shutter speed. This camera shake compensation system is effective for shooting steadier, clearer movies and still images.
Minimize camera shake,
even using various lenses
5-axis stabilization works with E-mount and other lenses
Gain unparalleled handheld shooting freedom using many of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α6500 contributes to broad lens compatibility.
Touch Pad Function
Swipe screen to shift focus point while watching viewfinder
With the Touch Pad function, you can swipe the LCD touchscreen to shift focus point intuitively and easily from one area to another, even as you monitor the viewfinder.
Immediate focus point selection by touch
Use just your finger to focus as you like within the frame
Touch Focus makes it particularly easy to adjust focus quickly, so you don’t miss the chance to capture your chosen subject at the decisive moment.
No.1 image sensor manufacturer for digital cameras and video recorders.
Extra image sensor perception
This sensor has a thin wiring layer and large photodiode substrate that maximize light collection efficiency and copper wiring ensuring quick read-out. It also extends sensitivity to ISO 51200 with reduced noise.
(A) Conventional structure (B) α6500 structure
(1) Photodiode substrate (2) Light receiving surface (3) Aluminum wiring layer (4) Copper wiring layer
02/12/2016 Updated version.
Explore more about the α6500
Picture endless possibilities with PlayMemoriesTM
Capture One Express (for Sony)
One of the world's best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world’s best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable integrated solution.
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- Still images: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up to ISO 51200 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 310 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 350 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.39 type (1.0 cm) electronic viewfinder (color), XGA OLED
- 2.95 in (3.0-type) wide type TFT
What's in the Box
Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50, AC Adaptor: AC-UUD12, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable