Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
Number of songs that can be stored by bitrate
- MP3 128 kbps/Approx. 3,900 songs
- Linear PCM
- 1411 kbps/Approx. 360 songs
- High-quality sound technology
- 0.35" EX headphones
- Headphone output
- Frequency properties: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Data that can be measured
- Running route
- Calories burned
- Yes (Calculated using the "METs" method)
- Yes (Calculated by measuring the change in atmospheric pressure)
- Heart rate
- Charging time
- Approx. 1.5 hours
- Internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Playback mode
- During training: Playback synced with heart rate training/Shuffle playback; Audio playback only (not during training): Normal playback/Shuffle playback
- Files that can be played
- MP3, WMA, ATRAC, Linear PCM, AAC
- High-speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
- Communication method: Bluetooth® standard specification version 4.0; Output: Bluetooth® standard specification Power Class 2; Maximum communication distance: Approx. 33 ft*12 (line-of-sight distance); Used frequency band: 2.4 GHz (2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz); Supported Bluetooth® profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP/HSP, SPP; Supported codecs: SBC, AAC
Operating environment (Device)
- Internet connection (recommended)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- 1 GHz or greater (2.6 Ghz or greater recommended for video playback on a computer)
- Microsoft® Windows 8.1/Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 8/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 SP1 or later (Starter/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate)/Windows Vista® SP2 or later (Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate), Mac OS® X v10.6 or later
- 1 GB or more (2 GB or more recommended for Windows 8 64 bit)
Operating environment (App)
- Supported OS/devices
- Smartphone running Android 4.1 or later, or iPhone/iPod running iOS 7 or later
Advanced fitness tracking with music playback
Smart B-Trainer makes training efficient and fun by combining advanced fitness tracking with music playback. Use the smartphone app (Smart B-Trainer for Running) to manage training. Whether your goal is losing weight, building stamina, or preparing for a marathon, train with an efficient training cycle (Plan > Training > Review > Next Step) to music and voice guidance to reach it.
Plan — Use the app to select a training menu
Using the Smart B-Trainer for Running app, select training menus for your goals (weight loss, endurance, marathon prep, etc.) and fitness level. Get goals (time, distance, calories consumption, average pace, etc.) for each day, with target heart rates for efficient fat-burning, stamina increasing sessions. Transfer menus to Smart B-Trainer to start training.
Training — Make your training session more fun and efficient
On-board sensors record logs, and Smart B-Trainer periodically plays voice guidance and audio coaching providing information, such as current heart rate and distance run, while you train. Smart B-Trainer automatically plays music matching the tempo for target heart rate and current running conditions, for more efficient and fun training.
Review — Check your training results with the app
After training, transfer recorded logs to the smartphone app to graphically view results in 11 displays. Use 4 different log views (summary data, graphs, lap times, music list) for feedback. For additional motivation and feedback, share training results with friends via social media. Play voice memos recorded while training to keep track of ideas.
Next Step — Learn trends and improvements with the app
Review previous training sessions and compare data such as distance and time by day, month, or other time periods. Use premium training menus for professional coaching advice after each training session. Gain valuable insight to tendencies or changes to apply to future training sessions.
Six types of sensors — Calculate and record running logs
Equipped with six types of sensors (heart rate, accelerometer, GPS, compass, gyroscope, and barometer) in a compact body, Smart B-Trainer calculates and records running logs.
Waterproof — Washable and usable underwater
Smart B-Trainer is JIS/IEC waterproof grade (IPX5/IPX8) equivalent. Continue using Smart B-Trainer through sweat, rain, or washings.
16 GB — Load up to about 3,900 songs
Transfer up to about 3,900 songs to internal memory (16 GB). Smart B-Trainer uses running data to automatically play music matching the tempo of your training, without the need to carry other devices such as a smartphone.