Sony Electronics Unveils Pricing and Availability for New Flagship MASTER Series TVs and other 2019 Models
Sony Electronics - 04/22/2019
SAN DIEGO — April 22, 2019 — Sony Electronics Inc. today revealed pricing and spring/summer availability for its new flagship MASTER Series televisions, along with other new LCD and OLED TV models, announced earlier this year at CES 2019.
These premium televisions will be on sale at Best Buy, Amazon and other authorized dealers nationwide beginning today, unless otherwise specified. Equipped with processing power to deliver picture quality that authentically replicates the creator’s intent, this line-up includes:
Sony MASTER Series A9G 4K OLED TV: The A9G is Sony’s new flagship MASTER Series 4K OLED TV available in 65” Class (64.5” diag.) and 55” Class (54.6” diag.), all in a very slim form factor. MASTER Series is the name given to only the very best Sony TVs and provides premium picture quality, color, contrast and clarity approaching that of a professional-grade monitor. Images come to life with the super-wide viewing angle, precise contrast and absolute blacks of OLED technology. Over 8 million self-illuminating pixels are precisely and individually controlled by Sony’s Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate.
In addition to the processor, the A9G has Pixel Contrast Booster for more color and contrast in bright areas. As a result, the A9G provides premium picture quality showing images and colors as they truly are, and as the creator intended. The MASTER Series A9G also features Netflix Calibrated Mode1 and IMAX Enhanced2 with DTS audio to further ensure that content is delivered as intended and supports Dolby Vision5 and Dolby Atmos10. Complementing the picture with an immersive sound experience, Sony’s Acoustic Surface Audio+ technology creates sound from the entire screen, providing pictures and sound in perfect harmony. Additionally, Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit3 support will launch in the A9G series later this year.
- 55” Class (54.6” diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 65” Class (64.5” diagonal): $4,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 77” Class (76.7” diagonal): $7,999.99 MSRP (available in June)
Sony MASTER Series Z9G 8K HDR TV: To better meet consumer demand for larger TVs, Sony is introducing extra resolution with its first consumer 8K television in the Z9G TV, exclusively powered by our acclaimed X1™ Ultimate processor. Optimized to handle the 33 million pixels of 8K6, this processor plays a vital role in delivering the high-quality picture in the MASTER Series family. The Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate has a unique algorithm specially developed for 8K that can detect and analyze each object in the picture. Coupled with new intelligent technologies like Backlight Master Drive with full-array local dimming, and 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO, the Z9G’s super-large picture is matched with exceptional detail and accuracy for a stunning 8K viewing experience. Additionally, the Z9G series will have support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit3 later this year.
- 85” Class (84.6” diagonal): $12,999.99 MSRP (available in June)
- 98” Class (97.5” diagonal): $69,999.99 MSRP (available in June)
Sony A8G 4K OLED TV: With rich colors, deep blacks and a wide viewing angle, the A8G OLED TV provides the ultimate 4K HDR viewing experience by incorporating three new technologies via the 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme: Object-based HDR remaster4, 4K HDR Super Bit Mapping™ and dual database processing. It is also compatible with Dolby Vision5 and IMAX Enhanced2 for an enhanced at-home viewing experience. Beyond displaying impeccable picture quality, Acoustic Surface Audio makes the entire screen resonate with great sound emanating directly from the screen itself, allowing for Sound-from-Picture Reality – a perfect unification of picture and sound that conventional TVs cannot deliver.
- 55” Class (54.6” diagonal): $2,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 65” Class (64.5” diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
Sony X950G 4K HDR TV: Equipped with the new Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate, the X950G brings Sony’s latest technology to a feature-packed 4K HDR LCD offering. X-tended Dynamic Range™ PRO provides six-times7 the contrast of Sony’s conventional LED TVs, while X-Wide Angle9 and X-Motion Clarity allow for a smooth, clear picture no matter the scene or viewing angle. The X950G LCD TV is IMAX Enhanced, supports both Dolby Vision5 and Dolby Atmos™10, and will soon have Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support3. All content sounds great with Sony’s Acoustic Multi-Audio, and Netflix Calibrated Mode1 makes sure viewers enjoy their favorite entertainment from Netflix in studio quality.
- 85” Class (84.6” diagonal): $4,999.99 MSRP (available late April)
- 75” Class (74.5” diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP
- 65” Class (64.5” diagonal): $2,199.99 MSRP
- 55” Class (54.6” diagonal): $1,399.99 MSRP
Sony X850G 4K HDR TV: The X850G 4K HDR LCD TV combines the power of Sony’s 4K HDR Processor X1™ with Acoustic Multi-Audio via Sound Positioning Tweeters, ensuring action and sound are precisely aligned for the best viewing experience. TRILUMINOS™ Display brings scenes vividly to life with enhanced color accuracy. The X850G features Android TV with Google Assistant built in technology9 and is compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa (sold separately). Upgraded smart remote is included.
- 85” Class (84.6” diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP
Sony X800G 4K HDR TV: Rediscover content on the X800G 4K HDR TV with 4K X-Reality™ PRO upscaling technology, which upscales everything to near-4K quality, as well as TRILUMINOS™ Display for true-to-life color.
- 43” Class (42.5” diagonal): $649.99 MSRP
- 49” Class (48.5” diagonal): $749.99 MSRP
- 55” Class (54.6” diagonal): $899.99 MSRP
- 65” Class (64.5” diagonal): $1,199.99 MSRP
- 75” Class (74.5” diagonal): $1,999.99 MSRP
For more information on Sony televisions, please visit www.sony.com/electronics/tv/t/televisions
1. Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse
2. IMAX Enhanced content enables the full IMAX Enhanced experience.
3. AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support will launch by December 31, 2019. Third-party network services, content, and software may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
4. 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services, such as Netflix and Amazon Video or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input. Requires HDMI® cables sold separately.
5. Dolby Vision™ is available via network update. Dolby Vision content will be compatible with Dolby Vision devices and streaming services such as Prime Video, Apple TV 4K, and Netflix.
6. 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels.
7. This is the perceptible contrast level expanded by X-tended Dynamic Range PRO technology, which is a unique figure calculated for the contrast that users actually feel and experience (XDR Contrast). This figure is based on our conventional TV without local dimming.
8. User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
9. 75” and 85” class only
10. Dolby Atmos will be available via firmware update by December 31, 2019.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming, robotics and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.