Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
- Output power
- Balanced: 1,200 mW + 1,200 mW (32 ohms 1 kHz 1%) Unbalanced: 300 mW + 300 mW (32 ohms 1 kHz 1%)
- 12-600 ohms
- Frequency response
- 4Hz-80 kHz (-3 dB)
- Playing frequency range
- 4 Hz-200 kHz
- Gain Switch
- Yes (High/Low)
- Headphone output
- Balanced; Balanced standard (0.17" in diameter) 3-pole mini (balanced connection, 0.14" in diameter) × 2 XLR4 (balanced 4-pin) Unbalanced; Standard (0.25" in diameter) Stereo mini (0.14" in diameter)
- XLR4 pin assignment
- 1:L+, 2:L-, 3:R+, 4:R-
- Other input/output
- Walkman®/Xperia™ Input USB-B Input COAXIAL Input OPTICAL Input LINE L/R Input PRE OUT(Variable/Fixed)
Supported audio formats
- Sampling frequency/bit depth
- DSD native (up to 22.4 MHz) DSD DoP (up to 11.2 MHz) PCM (up to 768 kHz/32 bit)
- Walkman®/XperiaTM port
- PCM 2ch; 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384 kHz (16/24/32 bit) DSD 2ch Native; 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz (1 bit) DSD 2ch DoP; 2.8/5.6 MHz(1 bit)
- USB type-B port
- PCM 2ch; 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384/705.6/768 kHz (16/24/32 bit) DSD 2ch Native; 2.8/5.6/11.2/22.4 MHz (1 bit) DSD 2ch DoP; 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz (1 bit)
- Coaxial input jack
- PCM 2ch; 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz (16/24 bit)
- Optical input jack
- PCM 2ch; 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz (16/24 bit)
- DSD Remastering Engine
- Yes (Convert to DSD 11.2 MHz)
- 8x over sampling
- DSEE HX
- Yes (Upscale to PCM 384 kHz/32 bit)
- DSEE HX Mode
- Standard/Female Vocal/Male Vocal/Percussion/Strings
- D.C. Phase Linearizer
- Left/right balance adjustment
- Music playback software supported
- Hi-Res Audio Player/Media Go
- Display dimmer
- Yes (BIGHT/DARK/DISPLAY OFF)
- Detachable Power Cord
- Power requirements
- 120 V 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 35 W
- Power consumption (standby)
- 0.3 W
- Auto Standby
- Yes (default: OFF)
- Remote commander
- Dimensions W × H × D (in)
- 8.27" (W) x 2.56" (H) x 12.36" (D) (including projecting parts and controls)
- Weight (lb)
- 9.7 lb
What's In The Box
- Remote control
- AC power cord (mains lead)
- Digital cable for Walkman®
- USB cable (USB-A/USB-B)
- R03 (size AAA) batteries
Superior digital amplification
Our non-feedback S-Master technology maintains the purity of dynamic, straight digital sound. Our new D.A. Hybrid Amplifier Circuit takes this one step further, enhancing its precision and sound quality with an analog feed-forward amp. The analog amplifier corrects the errors caused by switching amplification.
Optimal signal correction
S-Master amplifies music signals digitally without signal loss. High impedance headphones require high power but this can create a difference between the actual and ideal signal. The analog amplifier can correct these signal deficiencies for a cleaner, more natural sound.
Preserving the feeling
Capturing every note and nuance with DSEE HX™. Experience your music as the artist intended, in near High-Resolution Audio quality. Our new DSEE HX™ upscaling technology features four additional modes to the standard: female vocal, male vocal, percussions and strings, for optimal sound reproduction.
Convert any source to DSD
Personalizing sound with the new DSD Remastering Engine. Offering double the conversion accuracy of previous models, the new DSD Remastering Engine let you convert all PCM music sources into DSD 11.2 MHz. The technology uses FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) to convert any signal into the DSD sound format.
Advanced FPGA processing for uncompromised music reproduction
To maximize the potential of the new D.A. Hybrid Amplifier Circuit, our engineers developed the amplifier using an advanced FPGA processor. This let them fully customize the technology and develop something truly unique.
Familiar analog‐like sound
Our DC Phase Linearizer works to effectively replicate a wide variety of sonic signatures. It applies digital-signal processing to match the phase characteristics of various types of analog amplifier to deliver a more analog-like sound.
Eliminating resonance with Acoustically Tuned Panel
The headphone amplifier's top panel is made from a combination of steel and aluminum. These materials each have their own resonance frequency, and when used in combination, they suppress each other. The result is the effective elimination of unnecessary resonance.
Ideal sound isolation with FBW Chassis
The TA-ZH1ES features a rigid FBW Chassis, which has been designed to isolate the circuit board from vibration. By minimizing vibration and preventing lateral movement, noise is reduced for a cleaner, purer sound. The newly added wall structure is made from a large aluminum block for high rigidity.
Rigid and durable
The TA-ZH1ES features an innovative chassis design. The structure of the baseplate supporting the FBW chassis has two layers for enhanced rigidity and a low center of gravity. This added protection and durability enhances sound quality.
The amp uses a variety of headphone output connections, including both balanced (0.17", 3-pole mini plug x2 & XLR4) and unbalanced (stereo standard plug, stereo mini plug).
The amp features several terminals to support a variety of input devices, including Walkman®, TVs and PlayStation® consoles.