Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
- Sensor Type
- 1/2.3 inch (7.82 mm) Exmor R® CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- Lens type
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* lens
- Focal length (f=)
- f = 4.1-123 mm
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity, T:
- Optical Zoom
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image)
- 18 M Approx. 60x/10 M Approx. 80x/5.0 M Approx. 113x/VGA Approx. 459x/13 M (16:9) Approx. 60x/2.1 M (16:9) Approx. 153x
- Clear Image Zoom (Movie)
- Approx. 60x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image)
- Up to 120x (VGA)
- Image Processing Engine
- BIONZ X™
- Optical SteadyShot
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 80-12800
- Shooting Mode
- Intelligent Auto; Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3; Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); Panorama; Scene Selection
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Panorama (Shooting)
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- Auto Image Rotation
- Flash Type
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- AF Illuminator
- Auto / Off
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- NTSC Mode: AVCHD (up to 1920 x 1080/60p at 28 Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/60p at 50 Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1920 x 1080/60 fps at 28 Mbps)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL)
- PAL Mode: AVCHD (up to 1920 x 1080/50p at 28 Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/50p at 50 Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1920 x 1080/50 fps at 28 Mbps)
- Input and Output Terminals
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Up to 390 shots / 195 minutes
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 4.02 x 2.29 x 1.39 in
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 7.69 oz (body only), 8.64 oz (with battery and media)
30x zoom lens with ZEISS® quality built in
The results of over 150 years of ZEISS® expertise in high-precision optics is perfectly clear: this 24–720 mm lens renders portrait, close-up, and landscape images in natural glory from every perspective, with vivid sharpness and contrast intact. ZEISS® T* multilayer, anti-reflective coating effectively eliminates surface ghosting and flare.
Exmor R® CMOS sensor for extra sensitivity
The more light that strikes a sensor, the more brilliant the resulting image. So the Exmor R® CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels uses back-illuminated design to let four times more light in than more conventional sensors. It's twice as sensitive to light, and even features Sony Column A/D Conversion technology to reduce image noise.
BIONZ X™ for more detail and less noise
To transform data from the Exmor R® CMOS sensor into high-resolution images, the BIONZ X™ image processor integrates detail reproduction, diffraction-reducing, and area-specific noise reduction technologies. This combination reproduces realistic images with truer colors and textures, and with exceptional precision in real time.
OLED Tru-Finder™ improves the view
The high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder is far brighter than more conventional electronic viewfinders; now even more compact; displays real-time preview and shooting information, so what you see on-screen is exactly what you get in your shot; retractable for portability, safety, and convenience.
180-degree tiltable LCD monitor for easy framing
The high-resolution LCD on the camera back tilts up to 180 degrees. So when you're in front of the camera, you can easily check framing on the LCD before taking a selfie, for example. This flexibility also lets you comfortably maintain a stress-free posture while framing scenes you want to shoot from low angles.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing Imaging Edge Mobile app to your NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
More flexible movie formats
In addition to high-definition AVCHD format, the camera can capture movies with extra-smooth action details and high-quality sound with great fidelity to the original sources in XAVC S format.
GPS charts your course
The built-in GPS geotags photos and movies, so you can track your trip's shooting locations precisely.
Control ring and grip take hold
For wider-scale operability, assign frequently used manual focus, step zoom, quick zoom, and other functions to the control ring around the lens in front, then access and use the functions instantly as needed. Plus, the camera grip is ergonomically designed for optimal handling stability at all times.
Intelligent Active Mode keeps blur away
Have no fear of handheld movie shooting. Intelligent Active Mode, featuring Sony's advanced frame-analysis technology and 5-axis image stabilization, compensates for camera shake. This mode reduces blurriness in images when shooting handheld or chasing a subject in action.
P/A/S/M modes for exposure as you like it
Put your creativity in motion with Programmed AE (P)/Aperture priority (A)/Shutter-speed priority (S)/Manual (M) exposure modes. These modes give you all the flexibility you need to manually control exposure and adjust background blur to capture exactly the image you want.
Customizable settings for personal control
Assign frequently used functions (Focus Mode, White Balance, Picture Effect, etc.) to customizable buttons and keys for easier, quicker access while shooting. For example, assign up to 12 functions to the Function button, press it, choose a function, and adjust function parameters using the control ring or rear control wheel.
Extra-speedy & precise Fast Intelligent AF
An improved spatial object detection algorithm realizes a more optimal and accurate lens drive to make AF even faster, for capturing more fleeting moments with ease.
Digital level gauge for even framing
The camera's digital level gauge uses easy-to-read graphics to indicate clearly whether the camera is level and allows fine adjustment of horizontal alignment during shooting. It's useful for avoiding camera roll, making sure your shots look steady and well framed.
PlayMemories Camera Apps add personality
Enhance your creative expression with PlayMemories Camera Apps, offering a growing range of enjoyable and easy-to-use applications. These apps give you greater functionality and offer the ultimate tools for personalizing your camera to meet your photographic needs. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.