Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
- Sensor Type
- 1.0"-type (0.52" x 0.35") Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 15.3 Megapixels
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- Lens type
- ZEISS Tessar T* Lens, 6 elements in 6 groups (6 aspheric elements)
- F-number (Maximum Aperture)
- F4.0 (Fixed)
- Focal length (f=)
- f=7.7 mm
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- 84 deg. (24 mm ))
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- Approx. 50cm (1.7 ft.) to Infinity
- Optical Zoom
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image)
- 15 M Approx. 2x/7.7 M Approx. 2.8x/3.8 M Approx. 4x/VGA Approx. 13x
- Clear Image Zoom (Movie)
- 4K: Approx. 1.5x[4K HDMI out], HD: Approx. 2x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image)
- 15 M Approx. 4x/7.7 M Approx. 5.6x/3.8 M Approx. 8x/VGA Approx. 13x
- Digital Zoom (Movie)
- Approx. 4x
- Screen Type
- 3.8cm(1.5type)(4:3) / 230,400 dots / Clear Photo / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control
- Manual(5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- MS Assist Magnification
- Screen Type/Number of Dots
- Image Processing Engine
- Yes (BIONZ X)
- Focus Type
- contrast-detection AF
- Focus Mode
- Single-shot AF, Preset Focus, Manual Focus
- Focus Area
- Wide (25 points [contrast-detection AF]), Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot
- LOCK ON AF
- Light Metering Mode
- Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Exposure Compensation
- +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- Auto (ISO125-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO200-25600), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
- Auto:(ISO125Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- Minimum Illumination (Movie)
- Auto:6lux(Shutter Speed 1/30")
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Underwater Auto, C. Temp./Filter, Custom
- WB Micro Adjustment
G7 to M7, 57-step A7 to B7, 29-step
- Electronic Shutter
- iAuto(1/4" - 1/32000) / Program Auto(1/4" - 1/32000) / Manual(1/4" - 1/32000)
- Image Control
- Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/ Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW&JPEG/Extra fine/Fine/Standard)
- Noise Reduction
- high ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off, Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO 200-25600
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Shooting Mode
- Program Auto, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) [body 3 sets/memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode (Intelligent AUTO), Movie Mode (Program Auto), Movie Mode (Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Manual Exposure), Intelligent AUTO, Superior Auto
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5 fps
- 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable/Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- Drive Modes
- Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Picture Effect
- Still Image: Pop Color, Still Image: Posterization, Still Image: Retro Photo, Still Image: Soft High-key, Still Image: Partial Color, Still Image: High Contrast Mono., Still Image: Soft Focus, Still Image: HDR Painting, Still Image: Richtone Monochrome, Still Image: Miniature, Still Image: Watercolor, Still Image: Illustration, Movie: Movie: Pop Color, Movie: Posterization, Movie: Retro Photo, Movie: Soft High-key, Movie: Partial Color, Movie: High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile
- off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Number of Recognized Scenes
- Still Image: Superior Auto: 10 / iAuto: 10, Movie: 10
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Micro™, Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark2), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), Movie: XAVC S, Movie: AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compatible, Movie: MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio)
- XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator), MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still)
- sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size)
- 3:2 mode: 15 M (4,800x3,200)/7.7 M (3,408x2,272)/3.8 M (2,400x1,600), 4:3 mode: 14 M (4,272x3,200)/6.9 M (3,024x2,272)/3.4 M (2,128x1,600)/VGA, 16:9 mode: 13 M (4,800x2,704)/6.5 M (3,408x1,920)/3.2 M (2,400x1,352), 1:1 mode: 10 M (3,200x3,200)/5.2 M (2,272x2,272)/2.6 M (1,600x1,600)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 120p 50M (1,280 x 720/120p), MP4: 28 M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16 M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6 M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 50M (1,280 x 720/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
Recording NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD: 50p 50M(1920x1080/250fps), 50p 50M(1920x1080/500fps), 50p 50M(1920x1080/1000fps)/25p 50M(1920x1080/250fps), 25p 50M(1920x1080/500fps), 25p 50M(1920x1080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)/30p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)/24p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)/ Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676x942), 480fps/500fps (1,676x566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676x566), 480fps/500fps (1,136x384), 960fps/1000fps (800x270)
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size) during Movie
- Proxy Recording
- Input and Output Terminals
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack(3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4 GHz band))
- Power Source
- DC3.7V(supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- Battery System
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-BJ1
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode)
- Approx. 1.3W
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Approx. 240shots / Approx. 120min
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES ACTUAL SHOOTING)(CIPA)
- Approx. 35min
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES CONTINUOUS SHOOTING)(CIPA)
- Approx. 60min.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps
- Shooting Functions
- Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Grid Line, WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Audio Level Display, TC/UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, Flip
- Playback Functions
- BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- TRILUMINOS Color
- 4K image output
- Operating Temperature
- 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Yes (IPX8 equivalent)
- Yes (6.5 ft/2.0 m MIL-STD810G C1 Method516.7-Shock)
- Yes (200 kgf/2000 N/440 lbf)
- Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 2 3/8" × 1 5/8" × 1 3/16" (59.0 x 40.5 x 29.8 mm)
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- Approx. 110g (3.9oz.)(Battery and microSD Memory Card are included) / Approx. 95g (3.4oz.)(Body Only)
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BJ1
- AC AdapterAC-UUD12
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Memory card protector
- Instruction Manual
ZEISS® Tessar T* lens
The ZEISS Tessar T* 24mm F4 lens delivers high-resolution images with less image distortion in peripheral areas, despite its wide-angle lens design. This ZEISS lens intensifies recordings’ contrast and sharpness. Furthermore, you can capture improved images and suppress occurrence of ghost and flare by using an optional hood.
15.3 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor
1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 960fps/1000fps super slow motion and up to 1/32000 super-high shutter speed for movement that, in real time, is beyond human perception. The extended circuit features ample signal processing capacity and high-speed signal readout.
BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
The high-speed BIONZ X image processing engine from Sony is as important as the lens and image sensor, as it powers conversion of light captured by the sensor, so photos and movies can be recorded with more natural details, more realism, richer tonal gradations and lower noise.
Remote control via smartphones and tablets
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, multiple RX0 cameras can be remotely controlled using a smartphone or tablet. Simply download free Imaging Edge Mobile app to your mobile device for remote control of camera shutter release, movie recording start/stop, and instant receiving of captured footage. Also, Bluetooth® is available and allows simultaneous remote power on/off operation.
For more flexible shooting systems
The compact, simple, protrusion-free, rectangular body is advantageous in combination with optional accessories. Also, Upside-down Flip Capture flips the image the right way around when the camera has to be mounted upside down according to certain setting requirements.
Adjust images with superior flexibility and precision
The S-Log2 is a proprietary gamma setting from Sony that is invaluable for professionals seeking post-production flexibility, and extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush. Picture Profile determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment.
For shooting as far-reaching as your imagination
The camera is tough enough for you to shoot with confidence in a range of difficult environments. It is waterproof down to 10m/33ft under water, shock resistant to drops to the ground from heights up to 2.0m/6.5ft and crushproof under weight of up to 200kgf/440lbf/2000N.
Superior integrity, handy features, compact form
The smooth extra super duralumin body is designed without protruding parts for distinctive quality, strength and sophistication. Although this high-rigidity camera is sufficiently compact to fit in a palm, it integrates such convenient features as LCD monitor and buttons with ease of use, durability and performance that you can rely on even under harsh shooting conditions.
Up to 960fps/1000fps super slow motion
Super slow motion at frame rate of up to 960/1000fps is available to capture split-seconds of action in movies. Slow motion shooting at 480/500fps and 240/250fps especially maintains fine images at nearly HD quality with the choice of Quality Priority mode. End trigger mode lets you capture the decisive moment in super slow motion starting from two or four seconds before the REC button is pressed.
Clean HDMI output for 4K movies
For production flexibility, you can use Clean HDMI output to record uncompressed video to an external recorder in your choice of formats and bitrates, including non-compressed 4K movie, and monitor the footage. Moreover, stunning high-precision 4K images with suppressed moiré and jaggies can be delivered via data readout without pixel binning or line skipping.
Up to 16fps continuous shooting with reduced blackout
Despite its 15.3MP high pixel count, the super-high-speed image sensor boosts readout speed to the extent that the camera can achieve continuous shooting up to 16fps. This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
Up to 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter
Thanks to the Exmor RS sensor’s extremely fast readout, the Anti-Distortion Shutter that is capable of shutter speeds up to 1/32000 sec. minimizes image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon that can otherwise distort shots of swiftly moving subjects.
Choose pro-quality XAVC S or AVCHD movie recording
Low-compression XAVC S format is excellent, especially among serious videographers, for expression of high-quality movies with minimal noise, even in scenes full of movement. The camera also features AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing.
Custom key creative convenience
You can program preferred frequently used functions on your choice of buttons to best adapt the camera to your shooting style. You’ll gain prompt, handy fingertip access to your selection of such settings, for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
Shoot virtually anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Sensitivity extends up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower-limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
Preset Focus for simpler movie shooting
For movie shooting, you can choose MF (manual focus) or PF (preset focus) mode. If you select PF mode, the RX0 automatically focuses on a subject in the range farther than approx. 1m. Also, while the RX0 is in PF mode, if you activate “NEAR” focusing range, the camera automatically focuses on a nearby subject (within approx. 1m range).
MF Assist and Peaking functions refine focus
To help you fine-tune focus, Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
Auto Power OFF Temperature can extend movie shooting duration
You can choose an internal temperature level at which the camera automatically powers off. For example, movie shots tend to run longer when a tripod is used, so by setting Auto Power OFF Temperature to “High”, movies can be shot for extended durations.
Supports Remote Camera Control
When the camera is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer connected via USB port. All you need to do is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Imaging Edge™ Remote, Viewer, and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Wired multi-camera control with optional Camera Control Box CCB-WD1
Greatly enhance flexibility and accuracy of multi-cam shooting with wired LAN connection. Harness the optional Camera Control Box (CCB-WD1) to unleash unlimited shooting possibilities of RX0. Combine Box units to simultaneously control up to 100 RX0 cameras, turn power on/off, adjust settings, and capture photos or videos, using a web browser on your PC. This also lets you accurately synchronize connected cameras, and easily transfer files after shooting.