Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Approx. 2.5 oz (main unit approx. 2.15 oz)
- Headphone Type
- Closed, Hybrid
- Driver Unit
- Frequency Response
- 3 Hz–40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Active Operation)
- 3 Hz–40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth® Communication)
- 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- Sensitivities (dB/mW)
- 101 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 97 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control
- Cord Type
- Dedicated headphone cable
- Cord Length
- Approx. 39 3/8"
- Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo Mini
- Micro USB
- Wearing Style
- DSEE HX
- S-Master HX
- Passive Operation
- Battery Charge Time
- Approx. 3.5 hrs, This unit can be used for 70 minutes after 15 minutes of charging.
- Battery Charge Method
- Battery Life (continuous music playback time)
- Max. 10 hrs (NC ON), Max. 13 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Waiting Time)
- Max. 17 hrs (NC ON), Max. 100 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth® version
- Version 4.1
- Effective Range
- Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- Frequency Range
- 2.4 GHz band
- A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s)
- SBC, AAC, LDAC, aptX, aptX HD
- Supported Content Protection
- Noise Canceling ON/OFF Switch
- Automatic AI Noise Canceling
- Personal NC Optimizer
- Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing
- Ambient Sound Mode
- Quick Attention
What's In The Box
- Carrying Pouch; Plug Adaptor for In-flight Use;
- Dedicated headphone cable (approx. 3.28 ft, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug);
- USB Cable
Digital Noise Cancellation
Block out unwanted noise with industry-leading Digital Noise Cancellation.
Noise cancellation made to fly
Enjoy in-flight music in perfect clarity with noise-cancelling adapted to high altitude.
No wires, no noise
Listen free from wires and unwanted background noise with Digital Noise Cancellation.
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity such as traveling, walking, and waiting, then adjusts ambient sound settings to you. You can customize them to your preferences with the Sony I Headphones Connect APP.
Tailor the sound to you
SENSE ENGINE™ gives you the power to tune in and out of your music at a touch.
Sony I Headphones Connect for Android
Download the Android APP to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings, and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Sony I Headphones Connect for iOS
Download the iOS APP to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings, and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Be in control of your listening
Hear what's important with Ambient Sound Control, and adjust sound levels with the Equalizer.
Virtual surround sound
Feel immersed in sound wherever you are. Experience audio optimized for different listening environments including outdoor stages, clubs, halls and arenas.
Find your perfect sound tone for every song from the presets, easily customizable to your preference with the Sony | Headphones Connect APP . Available from October 2017.
Sound Position Control
Choose the direction you want the sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker.
Truly authentic sound
Hear music that stays true to the original recording with High-Resolution Audio. Optimized for High-Resolution Audio, S-Master HX™ reduces distortion and allows you to enjoy all the subtleties in your music. The 0.35" dynamic driver maintains drive force for deep bass and clear mids without dropping off like other drivers, while the airtight Balanced Armature driver provides natural high frequency sound for longer. Both drivers work together to keep sound response steady across the frequencies.
Restore all your compressed files
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine HX (DSEE HX™) upscales compressed digital music files, bringing them closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the high-range sound lost in compression, DSEE HX™ produces your digital music files in rich, clear sound.
Wireless streaming at its best
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH® wireless audio, which allows you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional sound quality close to High Resolution Audio.
Hands-free calling with vibration notification
Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling and alerts from vibration notification. Leave your phone where it is without missing anything important: just speak with a click.
Keep your cable neatly out of the way in the slim, zip-style holder.
Pack and keep your headphones safe to carry around all day.
Airplane adapter plug
Just plug the cable into the airplane adapter plug for in-flight listening.
Wired for High-Resolution listening
Use the supplied cable for uninterrupted truly High-Resolution Audio and noise cancelling for up to 14 hours.
Wireless 10h battery
Enjoy up to 10 hours of non-stop music.