α6500 Premium E-mount APS-C Camera
The reasons to choose this model
5.0-stops-faster shutter speed effect
A new, very accurate gyro sensor is a key to image stabilization with the effect of a five-stops-faster shutter speed. This camera shake compensation system is effective for shooting steadier, clearer movies and still images.
even using various lenses
5-axis stabilization works with E-mount and other lenses
Gain unparalleled handheld shooting freedom using many of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α6500 contributes to broad lens compatibility.
Swipe screen to shift focus point while watching viewfinder
With the Touch Pad function, you can swipe the LCD touchscreen to shift focus point intuitively and easily from one area to another, even as you monitor the viewfinder.
Use just your finger to focus as you like within the frame
Touch Focus makes it particularly easy to adjust focus quickly, so you don’t miss the chance to capture your chosen subject at the decisive moment.
No.1 image sensor manufacturer for digital cameras and video recorders.
This sensor has a thin wiring layer and large photodiode substrate that maximize light collection efficiency and copper wiring ensuring quick read-out. It also extends sensitivity to ISO 51200 with reduced noise.
(A) Conventional structure (B) α6500 structure
(1) Photodiode substrate (2) Light receiving surface (3) Aluminum wiring layer (4) Copper wiring layer
02/12/2016 Updated version.
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to remotely control shooting; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning editing software that provides RAW development, easy management and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Specifications and Features
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor Type
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- Still images: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up to ISO 51200 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 310 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 350 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.39 type (1.0 cm) electronic viewfinder (color), XGA OLED
- Monitor Type
- 2.95 in (3.0-type) wide type TFT
What's in the Box
Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50, AC Adaptor: AC-UUD12, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
Help us improve this page