Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 4 5/8 inches x 2 7/8 inch x 1 1/8 inch; Approx. 116.5 mm (W)×70.5 mm (H) × 27 mm (D)
- Approx.140 g;Approx. 5.0 oz
- Sensor Type
- 1/2.3 type (0.31 in) back-illuminated Exmor R®® CMOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels (Video)
- Approx.8400K pixels (16:9)
- Lens Type
- ZEISS® Tessar Lens
- Focal Length (1.38 in) (Video)
- f=18.2 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance
- Approx. 11.82 in
- Exposure Settings
- Auto, Manual
- Backlight Compensation
- Yes (Auto)
- Minimum Illumination
- Standard:9 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed), Low Lux:4.5 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Indoor, Onepush, Outdoor
- Screen Type
- 2.64 in (2.7 type) Clear Photo LCD™ display (230K) Wide (16:9) (960x240)
- Brightness Control
- Yes (Menu)
- Shutter Speed
- Auto Control Range (1/8–1/10,000)
- Scene Selection
- Auto, Beach, Fireworks, Landscape, Night Scene, Snow, Spotlight, Sunrise & Sunset
- Other Shooting Functions
- Airplane Mode, Face Detection (Auto/Child Priority/Adult Priority), Intelligent Auto (Backlight/Spotlight/Twilight/Low light), Power Save, x.v.Color™
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Recording Format (Video)
- MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution
- MP4: 1280x720 30p, MP4: 1920x1080 30p
- Video Recording Rate (ABR / VBR)
- 1080+AAC LC: Approx. 16.2 Mbps, 1080+Linear PCM: Approx. 17.6 Mbps, 720+AAC LC: Approx. 6.2 Mbps, 720+Linear PCM: Approx. 7.6 Mbps
- Progressive Mode
- MP4: 30p, Progressive recording
- Unidirectional, 120-degree X/Y stereo
- Audio Recording Format
- MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48 kHz/16 bit)
- Monaural Speaker
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI Out (micro), Headphone Jack, Line Input (Analog Audio), Memory Card Slot, Microphone Input, Multi/Micro USB
- Supplied battery
- USB charge
- DC 5 V 500 mA/800 mA
- Power Consumption (LCD Screen)
- MP4: 2.1 W
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack(NP-BX1)
- micro USB Cable
- Lens Cap
- Cap String
- "Operating Guide"
Linear PCM & AAC audio formats for versatility
Records in your choice of uncompressed linear PCM (LPCM) or AAC formats for CD-quality sound and simple Internet uploading
Wide-angle 120° Carl Zeiss® Tessar® lens
The 120° wide angle Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens not only captures high-quality video with excellent resolution, contrast, and color reproduction, but its wide angle also allows you to put the entire band and stage into the frame…from close distances. Ideal for everything from shooting in your practice space to recording live performances.
Exmor R® CMOS sensor is ideal for low light
Sony’s Exmor R® CMOS sensor is extremely sensitive, capturing facial expressions and fast movements, even in dark environments like studios or stages.
Deep stereo sound with 120° X/Y mic
The HDR-MV1’s 120° “cross opened” microphone configuration records stereo sound but, unlike smartphones and conventional camcorders, its wide angle lets you capture every note from the band even in cramped quarters. Additionally, it records with a focus on the center, so a group’s main performer—often the vocalist—never gets lost.
External microphone option
Use your favorite mic when recording by simply attaching via MIC IN terminal
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing PlayMemories Mobile app to your NFC enable Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
High-quality 30p HD video recording
Record high-quality 1920x1080/30p HD video even in low lighting situations. The MP4 format is ideal for enjoying and sharing your HD movies on a PC, Mac®, or the Internet.
Count on polished playback with Audio lip sync
Match the timing of your image and sound. Audio lip sync adjusts sound on the HDR-MV1 when outputting the image to other devices. You get playback that always looks professional.
Adjust recording levels, monitor on the 2.7-inch LCD
Control, fine-tune, and enhance recording quality — quickly. Adjust the recording level manually in 31 increments, and set an appropriate level for your particular performance environment. Also monitor the recording level at a glance on the bright 2.7-inch LCD.
Charge battery/move data simultaneously with USB
The HDR-MV1 is equipped with a USB port to simultaneously charge the battery and access content on a computer. Moreover, with the supplied battery and optional AC adapter (purchase separately, AC-UD10) users can operate while the device is charging.
Low-cut filter decreases noise, clarifies sound
The Music Video Recorder is equipped with a low-cut filter to reduce low-frequency sound. Perfect for decreasing noise, such as air conditioning and wind, while recording; your video sounds great even when made under the most challenging conditions.
Use simply as a Linear PCM recorder, too
Sometimes you don’t need an image — when recording a song-in-progress to share with band members, for example. The HDR-MV1 doubles as a fast, easy Linear PCM recorder for sound only. Plus, it’s equipped with a small speaker that lets you do a simple sound check without earphones.
Tripod mount for rock-steady recording
Forget the shaky hand-held look you get with iPhones and some camcorders. Go for a pro look with clean crisp images when you use the built-in tripod mount to anchor the HDR-MV1 to a tripod.
Line-in to hook up external equipment
Easily connect the HDR-MV1 to studio equipment such as a sound board with the LINE-OUT terminal.