Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 19 1/2" x 7 11/16" x 18 1/4"
- Approx. 31 lb (14 kg)
What's In The Box
- Remote Control (RM-PJ24)
- Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1), Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick Reference Manual
- Display System
- 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Display Resolution *1
- Computer signal input: Maximum display resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only) / Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p*1, 3840 x 2160/60p*1, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p*1, 4096 x 2160/60p*2
- Light source
- High-pressure mercury lamp, 225 W type
- Contrast ratio
- 200,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast)
- Effective Imager Size
- 0.74 in x 3
- Effective pixels
- 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift
- Vertical: +85% -80% Horizontal: +/-31%
- SCREEN SIZE
- 60" to 300" (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
- Projection lens zoom / focus
- Powered (Approx. x2.06)
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI (2 INPUTS)*3 - Digital RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr, IR IN - Minijack, LAN - RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX, REMOTE - RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (female), TRIGGER(2 INPUTS) - Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA, USB - DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity
- 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)/20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity
- 14°F to +140°F (-10°C to +60°C)/20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise
- 26 dB
- Power requirement
- AC100 V to 240 V, 3.5 A to 1.5 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 350 W
- Light Output
- 1500 lm (Lamp mode: High) *4
- Color Light Output
- 1500 lm (Lamp mode: High) *4
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.3 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode)
- 1.0 W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On") When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W).
- Standby Mode Activated
- After about 10 Minutes
- Displayed image may be converted for some input signals.
- YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8 bit
- Both HDMI inputs are compatible with HDCP 2.2.
- The values are estimates.
Native 4K resolution for lifelike pictures
With more than four times the resolution of Full HD, native 4K offers 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160) for a picture that is incredibly lifelike, which is why it is the resolution defined by the DCI (Digital Cinema Initiative) for theater distribution. See corner-to-corner clarity and watch movies from much closer than you would in Full HD.
Motorized zoom lens and wide lens shift
Installing this projector in your room is easy with a 2.06 times motorized zoom with a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector up to 85% vertically and 31% horizontally to get just the right angle for your movies without creating image distortion or resolution loss.
1500 lumens for high brightness
Savor the action with up to 1,500 lumens of brightness generated by a 225-W lamp for vibrant images even on screens up to 300"/762 cm (diag.).
Native 4K SXRD panel
The advanced SXRD panel technology featured in our digital theater projectors delivers native 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution images, with more than four times the detail of Full HD. Fine details are wonderfully clear and natural, without jagged edges or visible pixels.
See deeper blacks with 4K SXRD™ panels
Latest SXRD panels deliver even better contrast, as well as native 4K resolution. With SXRD projection, you'll see rich, inky blacks, clear cinematic motion and smooth images. Improvements to the reflective silicon layer now mean even better light control, for precisely delivered shadows and blacks.
The super-resolution Reality Creation
Sony's exclusive Reality Creation technology analyzes images right down to the pixel level. It then employs pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance crispness even without increasing digital picture noise. It also upscales existing Full HD Blu-ray Disc and DVD movies to near 4K quality.
Watch for longer with a 225-W ultra-high pressure lamp
Enjoy up to 6,000 hours of view time (in low mode) from a long-lasting lamp. This means fewer lamp swaps, simpler maintenance, and lower running costs.
Action stays smooth with Motionflow™
Whatever you’re watching, you’ll enjoy a silk-smooth on-screen look in fast-moving action sequences with Motionflow™. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original frames, first comparing key visual factors on successive frames, then calculating the split second of missing action in the sequences. True Theater 24p mode mimics true movie projection for theater purists.
200,000:1 dynamic contrast for stunning realism
With Sony's Advanced Iris3 technology, the light output can be adjusted frame-by-frame, allowing the projector to achieve an incredible 200,000:1 dynamic contrast. Dark scenes reveal all their shadowy details, without any compromise to the projectors' performance in bright scenes, for truly captivating images.
Colors come alive with TRILUMINOS™
Discover true-to-life colors and tones. The VPL-VW385ES incorporates TRILUMINOS™ color, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with skin tones more faithfully reproduced.
HDR compatibility: every image comes to life
Get the most from your projector when viewing new UHD Blu-ray and streaming services with High Dynamic Range (HDR). HDR video offers a vastly expanded brightness range to deliver far more realistic, high-contrast images and brilliant colors. Compatible with both HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) formats. Sony's home projectors reproduce color and contrast faithfully to creators' intentions.
Ready for immersive 3D
The VPL-VW385ES has a built-in 3D transmitter that supports 3D video in a variety of formats, and can even simulate your 2D movie classics to high-quality 3D immersive video. The optional glasses use an industry-standard RF connection, making it easy to upgrade to a 3D theater experience.
Select from nine picture calibration modes
Quickly calibrate the picture to what you’re watching or playing. Select from nine picture calibration modes, including two theater film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema, and bright TV. An advanced Hue Saturation Value manual color tuning tool gives you even more control.
Picture Position Memory stores your settings
Store lens, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memory remembers key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.
Support for the latest HDMI standards
The VPL-VW385ES can project native 4K content at up to 60 frames per second, for even smoother images with superior color and realism. Support for HDCP 2.2 lets you enjoy 4K movies and TVs from a wide range of devices and set-top boxes.
The lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or association (www.sony.com/mercury).