Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 19 1/2" x 7 11/16" x 18 1/4"
- Approx. 31 lb (14 kg)
What's In The Box
- Remote Control (RM-PJ24)
- Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1), Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick Reference Manual
- Display System
- 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Display Resolution *1
- Computer signal input: Maximum display resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only) / Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60 i, 1080/50 i, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p*2, 3840 x 2160/60p*2, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p*2, 4096 x 2160/60p*2
- Light source
- High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Contrast ratio
- 350,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast)
- Effective Imager Size
- 0.74 in x 3
- Effective pixels
- 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift
- Vertical: +85% -80% Horizontal: +/-31%
- SCREEN SIZE
- 60" to 300" (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
- Projection lens zoom / focus
- Powered (Approx. x2.06)
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI (2 INPUTS) *2 - Digital RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr, IR IN – Minijack, LAN - RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX, REMOTE – RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (female), TRIGGER - Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity
- 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)/35% to 85% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity
- -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)/10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise
- 26 dB
- Power requirement
- AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.1 A to 1.7 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 410 W
- Light Output
- 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *4
- Color Light Output
- 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *4
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.3 W (When “Remote Start” is set to “Off”)
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode)
- 1.0 W (LAN) (When “Remote Start” is set to “On”) When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W).
- Standby Mode Activated
- After about 10 Minutes
- *1 Displayed image may be converted for some input signals.
- *2 YCbCr 4:2:0/8 bit
- *3 Both HDMI inputs are compatible with HDCP 2.2.
- *4 The values are estimates.
- Displayed image may be converted for some input signals.
- YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8 bit
- Both HDMI inputs are compatible with HDCP 2.2.
- The values are estimate.
Native 4K resolution for lifelike pictures
With more than four times the resolution of Full HD, native 4K offers 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160) for a picture that’s so incredibly lifelike, it’s like looking at the real thing. This is the same resolution defined by Digital Cinema Initiatives for cinema distribution, with pixels one quarter the size of those used by traditional Full HD 1080p projectors. See corner-to-corner clarity and watch movies from much closer than you would in Full HD.
Motorized zoom lens and wide lens shift
Installing this projector in your room is easy with a 2.06 times motorized zoom with a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector up to 85% vertically and 31% horizontally to get just the right angle for your movies.
1800 lumens for high brightness
Savor the action with the brightness you need to get high contrast across the screen. A 280W lamp generates the brightness required for vibrant images on screens up to 300" (762cm) diagonally.
See deeper blacks with 4K SXRD™ panels
Advanced SXRD™ (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) panels with an ultra-fast response rate of 2.5 milliseconds minimize the space between pixels for a smoother, more detailed image. Consisting of a thin LCD layer backed with a highly reflective silicon plate, SXRD splits the white light of the lamp into different colors using mirrors and sends them to a red, green, and blue panel in 4K resolution. Light passes in and out of each panel, allowing more effective light blocking for exceptionally deep blacks.
Reality Creation upscales your favorites
Upscale your existing Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD movies to near 4K quality. The super-resolution Reality Creation 4K upscaler analyzes every pixel in any direction, then employs a digital signal processing algorithm to map pixels against an ever-evolving picture patterning database, compiled from over 10 years of expertise, to enhance colors, contrast, and textures.
Watch for longer with a 280W ultra high pressure lamp
Enjoy up to 6000 hours of viewing time (in low mode) from a long-lasting mercury lamp. This means fewer lamp swaps, simpler maintenance, and lower running costs.
Action stays smooth with Motionflow™
Whatever you’re watching, you’ll enjoy a silk-smooth on-screen look in fast-moving action sequences with Motionflow. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original frames, first comparing key visual factors on successive frames, then calculating the split second of missing action in the sequences. True Cinema 24p mode mimics true movie projection for cinema purists.
350,000:1 dynamic contrast for stunning realism
A dynamic contrast of 350,000:1 makes every scene spring to life with fine detail and realism. The powerful video processor is combined with lens iris control to achieve both deep, inky blacks and vibrant color.
Colors come alive with TRILUMINOS™
Discover true-to-life colors and tones. The VPL-VW675ES incorporates TRILUMINOS™ color, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with skin tones more faithfully reproduced.
HDR compatibility: every image comes to life
Make the most of your projector's potential with High Dynamic Range. The superior brightness and expanded contrast range of content produced in High Dynamic Range delivers outstanding clarity and accuracy in every image.
Built-in 3D transmitter synchronizes entertainment
An industry-standard RF 3D transmitter synchronizes the optional glasses with the projector, so you can start watching 3D movies quicker. Upscale 2D films to 3D and enjoy classic movies in a whole new dimension.
Select from nine picture calibration modes
Quickly calibrate the picture to what you’re watching or playing. Select from nine picture calibration modes, including two cinema film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema, and bright TV. An advanced HSV manual color tuning tool gives you even more control.
Picture Position Memory stores your settings
Store lens, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memory remembers key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.
The lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or association (www.sony.com/mercury).