IMPORTANT: Depending on the mode of the camera, the external flash may not be available. Refer to the instruction manual of the camera for more information.
- Ensure the external flash is properly inserted into the accessory shoe on the camera.
- If using the connection cord, ensure it is properly attached.
- If the external flash uses batteries, ensure fresh batteries are installed.
- Ensure that the POWER switch on the external flash is set to ON.
- Ensure the hot shoe setting on the camera is properly set for the type of external flash and camera being used.
- When using a commercially available standard external flash, ensure the hot shoe is turned on.
- If using a third party flash with standard ISO hot shoe mount, set it to Manual mode (flash power level has to be set manually).
- If a Sony® external flash is being used with an advanced hot shoe on a Sony camera, ensure the hot shoe is turned off.
- It may be necessary to refer to the instruction manual of the camera and external flash for specific information about the hot shoe.
- Ensure the READY lamp on the external flash is illuminated.