If a camera or camcorder remote control is not working, check the following:
IMPORTANT: Some cameras or camcorders do not have remote control capability. For model-specific information regarding whether your camera or camcorder has remote control capability, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Ensure the camera or camcorder is powered on.
- If the camera or camcorder has a Remote Commander function in the menu, make sure it is set to ON.
- Ensure there are fresh batteries inserted into the remote control.
- Ensure you are aiming the remote control at the infrared (IR) sensor located on the front of the camera or camcorder.
- Ensure nothing is blocking the IR signal from the remote control to the IR sensor on the camera or camcorder.
- A strong light source, such as direct sunlight, may interfere with the IR signal.
- A connected lens hood or conversion lens may be blocking the IR signal.
If the remote control of the camera or camcorder is still not working after checking the things mentioned above, reset the remote control.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- While the batteries are removed, press every button on the remote control twice.
- Reinsert the batteries into the remote control.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.