The remote control doesn't work
The following are general troubleshooting steps that address most of the issues with an infrared (IR) remote control. An IR-mark identifies a infrared remote control and is usually located at the bottom part of the remote control, near the model number.
Before you start
- Check the remote control for damage. A damaged remote control should be replaced.  Go to Parts and Accessories.
- Make sure the device to be controlled is on and functional. Press the power button directly on the device, not the remote control.
- Make sure you are within 3-10 feet of your device and pointing the remote control at the IR sensor of the device.
Check the remote control after each step to determine if it is working. If you need model-specific information, check your manuals .
Review the short tutorial or skip to the steps below.
- Remove any objects that may block the IR signal between your remote control and the device.
- Glass doors or enclosures can affect the signal from the remote control. Open glass doors to determine if that makes a difference.
- Move indoor plants and devices that may cause interference.
- Make sure the IR sensor on the device isn't exposed to direct sunlight or bright lights.
- Reset the remote control.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Press each button on the remote control twice to discharge the power.
- Insert new batteries, noting the correct polarity. Do not use rechargeable batteries.
- Check to verify that the remote control sends an infrared signal.
- Perform a power reset of the device.
- Unplug the device.
- Wait 1-2 minutes.
- Plug the device back in and turn the power on.
- If the remote does not work for A/V receivers and amplifiers, follow these steps:
- If there are no additional devices connected to the receiver/amplifier, then restore the device to factory default settings.
- Other connected devices may cause remote control issues. If there are additional devices connected to the receiver/amplifier:
- Unplug all devices.
- Restore the receiver/amplifier to factory default settings.
- Plug in each device and check the remote control operation of the receiver/amplifier.
- The remote control is in warranty.  Go to Product Repair.
- The remote control is out of warranty.  Go to Parts and Accessories.