IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This page provides information on how to enable the Samba TV® service and add your TV to the Spotlight app.
Enable Samba TV
Follow the instructions according to your TV type.
Android TV™ models
- On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) or HOME button (depending on the model).
- Select Settings.
- Under System Preferences, select Samba Interactive TV.
- Enable Samba Interactive TV.
- Take note of the code under Connected Devices.
Other TVs (non-Android)
- Press the HOME button.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Setup.
- Select Network.
- Select Samba Interactive TV.
- Under Settings, select Enable.
- Go to Connected Devices.
- Take note of the code.
Add your TV to the Spotlight app on your mobile device
The Spotlight by Samba TV app is not available for all mobile devices. In our previous testing, this app was only available on an iPad® mobile device with iOS™ operating system 7.0 or higher.
- Install the Spotlight app on your mobile device.
- Go to the Spotlight SETTINGS.
- Select CONNECT YOUR TV.
- Enter the code.
- Tap Done to proceed to the next screen.
- Your TV name and the status will display in green when your TV is successfully added to the Spotlight TV list.
- If you want to connect or disconnect your TV from the Samba TV service, tap your TV name.