Follow this procedure to troubleshoot an accessory microphone that is not working properly.
- If the microphone requires batteries, ensure fresh batteries are being used and that they are installed correctly.
- Ensure the microphone plug is securely connected to the recording device.
- If the microphone has an ON/OFF switch, ensure it is set to the ON position.
- Verify whether you are using a monaural or stereo microphone.
IMPORTANT: A monaural microphone will record only one channel of audio when connected to a stereo camcorder.
- Additional information may be found in the user manual for the accessory microphone.
- For third-party microphones, refer to the manufacturer for support.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.