Reader for PC Video:
Reader for Mac Video:
To transfer books from a computer to the Reader™ Digital Book, you must authorize it to your account. Authorization links your Reader to your eBook Store account, allowing books purchased from the eBook Store to be transferred to the authorized Reader. You can authorize up to six devices to a single account.To authorize your Reader Digital Book, do the following:
- Turn on the Reader device, and connect it to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- For the PRS-T1, be sure to tap Data transfer mode on the Reader so that it is recognized by the computer.
- For the PRS-T2 or PRS-T3, be sure to tap Yes on the Reader so that it is recognized by the computer.
- Start the Reader for PC or Mac software.
NOTE: Previous step should launch Reader for PC/Mac automatically. If the Reader for PC/Mac does not start, double click on the Reader icon located on the computer desktop.
- Log in to your eBook Store account. During the sign-in, Reader Store will authorize the Reader device if not being authorized yet.
- For Wi-Fi® enabled models, you can also authorize your reader by signing in to your Reader Store account directly from your Reader.
- Steps are available on how to de-authorize a Reader Digital Book or computer from your account using the Reader for PC or Reader for Mac software .