Follow the steps below to troubleshoot why the Bluetooth wireless adapter is not connecting with the Bluetooth® device.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the connection status after completing each step.
- Power off all other Bluetooth devices except the Bluetooth wireless adapter and the Bluetooth device.
- Reset the Bluetooth wireless adapter by doing these steps:
- Disconnect the wireless adapter from the Bluetooth device.
- Power on the wireless adapter.
- Using a thin-pointed object (such as a paper clip), press the RESET button.
- The LED status indicator flashes twice.
- The Bluetooth wireless adapter is reset to default settings.
- All pairing information is deleted.
NOTE: If the Bluetooth wireless adapter is not disconnected from the Bluetooth device, the RESET steps will not work.
- Reset the Bluetooth device that you are trying to connect to the Bluetooth wireless adapter.
If the connection is still unable to be made between the Bluetooth wireless adapter and the Bluetooth device, delete the pairing and then pair the wireless adapter and the Bluetooth device once more before trying the connection.