If the camcorder stops recording after a very short time, then there could be corrupt data or management files on the built-in hard disk drive. Corrupt files on the hard disk drive may cause the camcorder to stop recording prematurely.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Copy any recorded movies or pictures to a computer using the appropriate method below.
- Copying to a computer running a Microsoft® Windows® operating system
- Copying to an Apple® Macintosh® computer
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The following step will erase all the recorded data on the camcorder hard disk drive. Ensure any important pictures and movies have been saved to a computer before proceeding.
- Format the built-in hard disk drive of the camcorder.
- After formatting is complete, attempt to record new video.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.