This may occur depending on the settings of network drives on the computer when the computer is running the Windows® XP operating system. When the camera is connected, the internal memory, Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media, and PMB Portable software are recognized by the computer as separate drives. However, a resource conflict may occur if a drive letter to be assigned to those drives is already assigned to a network drive by the operating system.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Remove the USB cable from the camera and computer.
- Disconnect the Network Drive.
- On the computer desktop, click Start.
- In the Start menu, click My Computer.
- In the My Computer window, on the menu bar, click Tools.
- In the Tools menu, click Disconnect Network Drive.
- In the Map Network Drive window from the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, select the last available letter in the alphabetical order, such as Z, Y, or X.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the camera and computer.