The Reader Library, Reader for PC, or Reader for Mac software locks up or freezes when the Reader Digital book is connected to the computer.
IMPORTANT: Before starting this or any troubleshooting procedure, verify that the Reader™ Digital Book has been updated with the latest firmware version and that the latest version of the Reader software is installed on the computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTICE: If you currently use the Reader Library software, there is a newer version of Reader software available called Reader for PC or Reader for Mac. Downloads are posted on your model support page. If you are using the Reader Library software, before starting this troubleshooting procedure, you may want to upgrade to Reader for PC or Mac software. Once you have updated the software, check to see if your issue is resolved before following any of the steps in this solution.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this problem:NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, open the Reader Library, Reader for PC, or Reader for Mac software (depending on which one you use) and connect the Reader Digital Book to the computer after completing each step.
- Disconnect the Reader Digital Book from the computer and close the Reader software. Once disconnected, remove any memory cards you may have installed in your Reader device (if applicable).
NOTE: If the computer is not responding, restart it. Otherwise continue with this procedure.
- Reconnect the reader and test it for proper functionality. If you are still having the problem, continue to the next step.
- Disconnect the Reader Digital Book from the computer and from the Advanced Settings or Initialization menu on your Reader device, use the Format Internal Memory option to format the Reader Digital Book.
- If the problem still happens, turn off your Reader digital book and do a Hard Reset.
IMPORTANT: After doing a Hard Reset, it will be necessary to authorize your unit again.
The steps to do a hard reset vary by model. Select your model from the list:
- With the Reader Digital Book connected to the computer, uninstall and then reinstall the USB drivers for the Reader Digital Book .
- If possible, install the Reader software on another computer to test.