If the operating system will not boot and no other troubleshooting can be performed, a recovery of the system can be performed by starting the computer and pressing the F10 key.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations and data added to the restored drive will be erased.
- This model does not require a recovery disc, though one can be created using recovery data included on a special partition of the hard drive.
- Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process.
This recovery procedure also can be performed by placing the Recovery disc (RDVD) into the DVD drive before shutting down the computer and restarting. The procedure will be the same as the steps below, except there would be no need to press the F10 key (step 5). The computer will boot directly from the RDVD to the Atencao window.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all network connections.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices.
- Turn on the computer.
- When the VAIO screen is displayed, press the F10 key.
- In the Atencao window, type eu aceito and click the OK button.
- At the Installation Complete window, click the Enter button to continue.
NOTE: The Recovery (RDVD) will automatically eject when the system restarts.
- The computer will restart and the operating system setup will begin. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.