NOTE: This procedure also can be used to allow a Network device to wake the computer from Standby mode.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Plus (+) button next to Network Adapters.
- Under Network Adapters, double-click the Network Device you want to configure.
NOTE: The exact name of the Network Device will vary depending on your model computer.
- In the Network Device name Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
- On the Power Management tab, in the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer, click to place a check if you want the device to wake the computer or remove the check if you do not, and then click the OK button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.