IMPORTANT: If you started this procedure by booting the computer using the F10 key or Recovery Discs, skip to step 3.
- In the Restoring your computer... window, click the Yes button.
NOTE: The computer will restart automatically and boot to the VAIO Recovery Center.
- In the VAIO Recovery Center window, in the left pane, click the appropriate option depending on the type of recovery you would like to perform.
- If you would like to recover only the C: partition to the original factory software configuration and leave data on other partitions unaffected, click Restore C: Drive and continue with this procedure.
- If you would like to recovery the entire hard drive or change partition sizes, click Restore Complete System and then follow these steps .
- In the Restore C: Drive window, click the Start button.
- Ensure the Skip option is selected and then click the Next button.
- Under WARNING: This program deletes all files on the C: drive, read the information provided and then click to check the box next to I understand.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Once you click the Start button, the recovery process starts and cannot be reversed.
- Click the Start button.
- After the bundled applications are installed, click the Finish button.
NOTE: The computer will restart automatically and the operating system setup wizard will begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operating system setup wizard.