The manual and Content Transfer application is located on the flash drive of your portable player. Follow this procedure to install these products:
NOTE: If you formatted your player and deleted the installation files, but you installed it into your computer at one time, refer to the information in the note at the bottom of this page for installation instructions. If you formatted your player before installaing the software initially, you can download the WALKMAN Guide and Content Transfer application from the Sony® PC Support Web site.
- Connect the portable player to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Click Start and then click My Computer or Computer.
- In the My Computer or Computer window, double-click WALKMAN.
- In the WALKMAN folder, double-click Storage Media.
- In the Storage Media folder, double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: If you delete the Setup.exe file and Install folder in the player by formatting the built-in flash memory of the player, you can copy this data from the Backup folder on the computer to your player. This backup was made during the install process. The backup data is located at: C:\Program Files\Sony\WALKMAN Guide\NWZ-[your model #]\Backup. Double-click the Setup.exe file in the Backup folder to start installation or copy the files in the Backup folder to your portable player.