NOTE: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Turn on the computer.
- If you have not done so previously, install the supplied Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software from the supplied CD onto the computer at this time.
IMPORTANT: The PMB software on the supplied CD is required to play back the MP4 video files recorded with the camera.
- Turn on the camera.
- Ensure the USB Connect setting in the camera menu is set to Mass Storage.
- Ensure the recording media is inserted in the camera.
NOTE: If the video or pictures you want to copy are on the internal memory of the camera, you can skip this step.
- Connect the USB cable to the camera.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer.
- If the USB drivers for the camera have not yet been installed, the operating system will install them at this time.
- A PMBPORTABLE window should appear on the computer screen. If it does not appear, troubleshooting is available .
- A couple of Removable Disk windows may open. These windows can be closed.
- In the PMBPORTABLE window, click PMB Portable.
- Click the OK button.
- In the PMB Portable window, click the Import media files from the camera to Picture Motion Browser on the computer icon.
- In the Import Media Files window, click the Import button.
- In the PMB window, click the OK button.
- In the PMB Content Analyzer window, click the Exit button after the video and pictures are finished being copied.