The Windows Backup and Restore feature allows you to create a system image backup which can be used to restore system settings and files . Follow the procedure below to back up data:
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The Windows Backup and Restore feature is part of the operating system. Sony cannot guarantee that all or any data can be backed up, and once backed up, cannot guarantee that data can be restored from the backup.
IMPORTANT: Backups created with the Windows Backup and Restore feature must be restored using the Windows Backup and Restore feature. While the backup can be browsed or explored, the content cannot be restored by copying or moving the files to a computer hard drive.
- Close all open applications.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under System and Security, click Back up your computer.
- If you already created a previous backup and are satisfied with the current settings, in the Backup or restore your files window, click the Back up now button and skip the remainder of this procedure.
- If you already created a previous backup but are not satisfied with the current settings, change the backup settings before performing the backup.
- In the Backup or restore your files window, in the Backup section, click Set up backup.
- In the Set up backup window, in the Save backup on: section click to select the desired location to which you would like to save the backup files and then click the Next button.
- In the What do you want to back up? window, click to select the desired method of data backup and then click the Next button.
NOTE: If you select Let me choose, a window is displayed that allows you to choose the files you would like to back up. Select the desired files and then click the Next button.
- In the Review your backup settings window, verify the backup settings are correct and then click the Save settings and run backup button.
NOTE: A Back up and restore your files window is displayed that shows the progress of the backup.
- Once the backup process is complete, place the backup media (external hard drive, optical disc or flash drive) in a secure location so that it is available in case you need to restore system settings and files using the system image backup .