Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check your Network Connection settings.
- If the Physical Connection setting appears as Failed:
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the TV and to the router; if possible, try other LAN ports on the router.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the TV and attempt to access the internet using a computer or similar device. This is to make sure that the connection is active.
- If determined that the router or the modem is not connected to the internet, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Make sure an IP Address is shown.
- If the IP Address flashes or starts with 169, your TV has obtained an incorrect IP Address. In these cases, manually set an IP address on your TV.
- After following the steps above and confirming that the modem and router are connected to the internet, try the following:
- Turn off and unplug all of your network equipment, such as cable modem and router, for one minute.
- Turn your TV off and unplug the power cord from the wall for one minute.
- If the issue still occurs, reset TV to factory settings .
- Complete the initial setup, which includes Network Setup after the reset.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.