IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This solution should be followed when creating a DVD using a DVDirect device with videos recorded on high definition (HD) or standard definition (SD) from hard disk drive, memory stick, and flash drive camcorders using a USB connection.
- Turn the DVDirect on.
- Connect the camera to the DVDirect.
- On the camera, select USB Connect for storage media.
- On the DVDirect, push the Menu button.
- Select the type of DVD you will create.
- For HD videos, select AVCHD Dubbing from the menu.
- For SD videos, select Video DVD from the menu.
- Select your desired recording mode.
- Full: Allows you to burn all videos from the camera to DVD
- Incremental: Allows you to add video in the future to the same disc.
- Playlist: Allows you to burn a playlist from a playlist created on the camera.
- Select Videos: Allows you to select the desired recordings either by thumbnails or by shooting date.
- Consolidation: Should be used when you have more than one 8 cm disc to copy. This mode allows you to consolidate and record their contents onto a single 12 cm disc.
NOTE: More information regarding these recording modes is available in the supplied manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Press the Record button on the DVDirect. The burning process will start.
- Once the recording is done, wait until the finalization of the disc is complete. After the finalization, the disc is then ready to be removed and played back.