IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The presence sensor will not work if it is not activated by setting the Presence Sensor option to On from the ECO Settings menu of the TV, or if something is preventing the sensor from detecting a face. To prevent this from happening, make sure the Intelligent Presence Sensor feature has been enabled or set to On
NOTE: If the face images are not indicated properly, attempt to change the installation conditions or environments in use. If it is difficult to change them, then try changing the Sensor Mode setting to one of the following settings:
The intelligent presence sensor will be disabled when the following TV settings also are being used:
- If the TV is set to the PC input.
- When viewing an Internet video channel such as the YouTube® channel or the Netflix® video streaming channel.
- If either the Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature or Picture-and-Picture (PAP) feature is being used.
The detection performance of the presence sensor may be reduced depending on the installation conditions or environments in use:
- When you are watching TV from a position out of the detection zone (about 9.8 ft distance, 80 degree in horizontal, and 30 degree in vertical). In this case turn off the television and turn it back on while in the detection zone.
- When turning the TV on from the position out of the detection zone, or if the Intelligent Presence Sensor has not detected a face. It may take a few minutes for each function to be available after turning the TV on.
- When the TV is used in a dark room.
- When the TV is located against a bright light.
- When any objects are located close to the sensor, such as a center speaker from a home theater system
- When you wear a mask or glasses, or if watching the TV lying down.
- When there are some moving objects (e.g., pendulum clock, curtain) within the detection zone, the sensor may detect those motions and affect the operation under ECO mode.
- When there are any photographs or posters with a human face in the detection zone.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.