IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To import HD videos using the Final Cut® Express software or the Final Cut Pro® software, follow the steps below.
- Start the Final Cut software.
- Turn on the camera to the PLAY/EDIT mode.
- Open the LCD screen.
- Connect the camera to the computer using a 4-pin or 6-pin i.LINK® cable.
- The i.LINK cable is also called as the Firewire® cable.
- The Unable to locate the following external devices: Apple Firewire NTSC error message may appear. If it does, ignore it by clicking Continue.
- In the Final Cut software toolbar, click Final Cut Pro.
- In the Final Cut drop-down menu, click Easy Setup.
- In the window that appears, under the Format section, click HDV.
- Click to select any of the HD video codecs that are available.
- Begin capturing video from the camera and importing it to the computer.
- In the toolbar of the Final Cut Pro software, click File, then select Log and Capture.
- In the toolbar of the Final Cut Express software, click File, then select Capture.