IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Use the recommended settings below to shoot with the maximum fps of which the camera is capable.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set the camera to its largest image size.
- Set the Drive Mode to Continuous Shooting.
- Set the Quality setting to Fine.
- Select a shutter speed faster than 1/250 of a second.
- Use Manual Focus (MF) or Single-shot Auto Focus AF-S.
- The continuous advance shooting rate may decrease when the D-Range Optimizer is set to Advanced and when the battery level is low.
- The maximum fps that can be captured depends on the camera model. A slow down in frame rate will occur when the maximum number is reached. For model-specific information about the maximum fps for your camera model, refer the camera instruction manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.