IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Turn on the camera.
- Select Menu.
- Select Shoot Mode.
- Select 3D Sweep Panorama.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus on the subject.
- After achieving focus, press the shutter button all the way down to start capturing the image.
- Move the camera slowly in a constant, horizontal panning motion to capture the image.
- When shooting 3D Sweep Panorama images, you can pan the camera in the horizontal direction only; panning in the vertical direction is not supported.
- If you shoot a 3D image with the T side of a zoom lens a gray area may occur or shooting may be stopped. It is recommended to use the W side instead.
- We do not guarantee the use of wide-angle lenses such as a fisheye converter or ultra-wide converter.
- Since several images are stitched together, the stitched part may not be recorded smoothly.
- Under low light conditions or when shooting scenes with an extreme light-dark contrast, 3D panoramic images may be blurred.
- Moving subjects may cause the image to record improperly or cause the image capture to fail.
- Shooting a subject at a very close range may result in uneven or jagged images.
NOTE: The 3D Sweep Panorama function for the NEX-3 and NEX-5 cameras is available by updating the camera firmware to the latest version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
After updating the firmware, follow this procedure to take 3D Sweep Panorama images.