IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The reason why HDV movies may not be recognized is that the drivers used by the Windows® operating system (OS) for HDV and DV movies are different.
NOTE: If the camcorder is in DV mode when connected, the OS will use the DV driver even if the mode is switched to HDV after the connection. In this case, HDV movies cannot be imported. Always check the mode of the camcorder displayed on its LCD screen before connecting the camcorder to the computer to import HDV movies.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Disconnect the camcorder from the computer.
- Ensure that the i.LINK® connection menu setting on the camcorder is set to output an HDV signal.
- Restart the computer.
- Set the camcorder to VCR or PLAY/EDIT mode.
- Confirm the HDV indicator is displayed on the camcorder LCD screen.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer.
- Start the Windows® Movie Maker software and import videos.
- Transfer the videos using the Windows Movie Maker software .
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding any of the steps provided in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.