IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The A/V stereo receiver may not correctly keep or retain any bass and treble settings after being powered off and then back on again. Although the display may show the saved settings, the actual sound levels may be different. Try the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Before using the A/V receiver for the first time or to return the settings to the factory default, make sure the A/V receiver is initialized by performing the initial setup procedure:
NOTE: Be sure to use the buttons on the A/V receiver for this operation. Do not use the supplied remote control.
- Press the I/O (POWER) button to turn off the A/V receiver.
- Hold down the I/O (POWER) button for approximately 5 seconds until PUSH and ENTER appear on the display alternately.
- Press the MEMORY/ENTER button until CLEARING appears in the display.
NOTE: After a few seconds, the display will change from CLEARING to CLEARED and all the settings you have changed or adjusted are reset to the initial factory settings.
- After initializing the A/V receiver, try again to adjust the tonal quality of the speakers:
- Press TREBLE + or TREBLE - repeatedly to adjust the treble level.
- Press BASS + or BASS - repeatedly to adjust the bass level.
- You can adjust from -10 dB to +10 dB in 1 dB step.
- The initial setting is 0 dB.
- After the tone is set, power off the A/V receiver, wait one minute, power the A/V receiver back on and check the tonal settings to see if they are different or if the A/V receiver retained the settings you made.
If the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.