IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
IMPORTANT: Before referring to the information below, make sure that your Reader Daily Edition™ digital book has the latest firmware installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
To connect to a wireless access point, do the following:
- Stand within range of the wireless access point to which you want to connect.
- Make sure that the wireless switch on the Reader is in the ON position.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is set to ON in the Wireless Controls screen located on the Settings tab.
- Go to the Settings tab and then tap Wi-Fi Network Settings. The Reader Daily Edition Digital Book automatically detects available Wi-Fi® signals in its proximity and lists them on the screen.
- If an encryption key is not required, your Reader device will connect to the network you select.
- If an encryption key is required, as indicated by a lock icon, tap the tool icon and select Encryption Key.
- Enter the key and then tap OK.
- If the Wireless Network Settings screen appears, tap the back icon to exit. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- In the Registration is complete screen, tap Connect.
- Once the Wi-Fi network is configured, your Reader will connect to it whenever it is in range. When the Reader device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi icon appears on the wireless icon area on the bottom left of the Reader screen. The more bars you see on the icon, the stronger the connection.
- If no Wi-Fi networks are available, configured, or the Wi-Fi feature is turned off, your Reader device will connect automatically via 3G.
IMPORTANT: If after following this procedure you are unable to establish a connection, a different procedure is available for troubleshooting Wi-Fi connections .