IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
Not all Blu-ray Disc™ players, Blu-ray Disc Home Theater systems or TVs have internet or Hulu® capabilities. To check if your device has the functions discussed in this solution, check the specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Recommended internet speed
Depending on the quality of the video content you want to play, the minimum recommended internet speeds are as follows:
- 1.5 mbps or greater for playing standard definition (SD) content.
- 3.0 mbps or greater for playing 720p high-definition (HD) content.
- 6.0 mbps or greater for playing 1080p high-definition (HD) content.
- 13.0 mbps or greater for playing 4K Ultra high-definition (HD) content.
- Videos may not play properly, or not play at all because of the following factors:
- Your internet speed may not meet the minimum recommended speed to play the video content. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check if you internet speed plan meets the minimum recommended speed to play Hulu video contents.
- The network environment:
- Wireless signal strength and signal-to-noise ratio.
- The number of other devices connected to and using the internet.
Note: This includes internet phone lines, computers, online games, and other internet video devices.
- Other network traffic including downloads.
- Streaming HD contents in 720p or 1080p depends on your device and your display’s capabilities.
For more information about the Hulu app and other requirements, visit the Hulu Help Center page.