Follow these troubleshooting steps if the Google TV™ device cannot connect to the local network.
IMPORTANT: If your Google TV device is connected to the network prior to performing an Android™ update, you may need to set your device to a static IP to fix this issue.
- Make sure your router is located in an area that provides sufficient signal strength to the Google TV device .
- Make sure the network connection is set up correctly by using the Google TV Network Setup Wizard.
- The Google TV device cannot connect to a network that uses a shared WEP key . Instead, change the WEP encryption on your router to Open System Key. The WEP encryption setting is usually called Authentication Type in the wireless section of your router. For complete information, refer to the instruction manual of your router.
- It may be necessary to enter the name of your wireless access point and the security encryption key of your router. The security encryption key is case sensitive. So, when entering this information, make sure the Cap Locks on the keypad remote control are not enabled and that you enter the security encryption key correctly - You can input capital letters by pressing the Shift button + the letter you want.
- Dial-up Internet service is not supported.
- Proxy connections are not supported.
- Networks that require a log in for authentication such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a PPoE are not supported.
- Turn off the MAC Filtering on the router.
NOTE: If you do not know how to access your router settings, refer to the instruction manual of the router or contact the router manufacturer. If you are leasing the router from your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you may need to call them for details.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.