- Not all TVs have Skype® Internet video call capabilities. To see if your Sony® TV has Internet capabilities, check the manual or specifications for the device. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Each of the steps below represents a possible solution to this issue. Check if the microphone is working after completing each step.
- Make sure that either of the Sony cameras with microphone, model CMU-BR100 or CMU-BR200 (sold separately) is being used.
- Make sure the microphone is securely connected to the TV.
- Make sure the camera microphone is turned on.
- Make a call to Echo123 to check the microphone function.
The camera and microphone for Skype, CMU-BR100 and CMU-BR200 (sold separately), feature a feedback-canceling microphone that ensures clear, undistorted voice quality that is free of echo. Unlike using Skype on a computer, you do not need to put on a headset to hear conversations. Voice quality is crisp and clear though your TV speakers; Sony’s unique feedback canceling microphone ensures you are heard clearly without echo.
- Content is subject to change and may require fees.
- Skype requires either the CMU-BR100 or CMU-BR200 camera, sold separately.
- Content depends upon the area.
- You cannot use Skype to call any emergency services number.
- Skype is not a replacement for traditional telephone services and cannot be used for emergency calling.