There are several ways to determine if a computer is equipped with a USB 3.0 port.
NOTE: There are several important differences between the new USB 3.0 standard and previous versions.
- All computers equipped with a USB 3.0 port will display the USB 3.0 logo somewhere on the computer itself, usually on the front (desktop computers) or on the bezel surrounding the keyboard (notebook computers).
- The physical USB 3.0 port on the computer will be color marked with blue plastic material.
- The USB 3.0 cables will also be color marked with blue plastic material:
- Some USB 3.0 cables will be completly blue, and will have an embossed USB 3.0 symbol.
- Some USB 3.0 cables will be black with blue plastic at the connector end.