IMPORTANT: Not all computers have the ability to play 3D Technology content. To see if your computer has the ability to play 3D Technology content, check the computer Marketing Specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
There are several things that need to be done in order to see a 3D image. The computer must be able to send a signal to the glasses, the glasses must be on in order to receive that signal, and the correct software and hardware settings must be enabled. Follow these guidelines to make sure all of these items are setup and working properly.
- Download and install all available driver, system and application updates. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- To make sure you have activated the 3D Infrared (IR) emitter, on the computer, above the keyboard, press the 3D button.
NOTE: Once the 3D button is pushed the 3D indicator light will be lit.
- The computer IR emitter is located in the bezel that surrounds the LCD screen. Make sure the emitter has a clear line of sight to the glasses, and that you are at a range of at least 1.5 feet (45cm) or greater from the computer. Any obstructions to the line of sight may cause the glasses not to function properly, and any closer than 1.5 feet and the glasses will not receive the signal correctly, causing the lenses to flicker or turn off. Also, make sure not to place your hand or other objects in front the of the IR receiver on the glasses (located near the front left lens).
- Check the battery power level of the 3D Glasses by pressing the Power button.
- If the light next to the Power button blinks every 3 seconds, you have up to 50 hours of battery life remaining.
- If the light next to the Power button blinks faster than every 3 seconds, the remaining battery life is low and it is recommended that the battery be replaced .
- If the light does not turn on at all, the battery is completely drained and must be replaced .
- Run the NVIDIA 3D Vision Setup Wizard to verify the computer hardware and software is operating properly.
- Click the Start button and in the Search field, type NVIDIA Control Panel, and then press the Enter key.
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel window, in the Select a Task section, under Stereoscopic 3D, click to select Set up stereoscopic 3D.
- In the Set Up Stereoscopic 3D screen, click the Run Setup Wizard button.
- Follow the steps in the NVIDIA 3D Vision Setup Wizard to enable the 3D Display functions.