IMPORTANT: The Bloggie Web camera function (USB streaming) will not be available if you are using an Apple® Macintosh® computer. This function is not supported on an Apple Macintosh computer.
- Power on the Bloggie.
- Connect the Bloggie to the computer's USB port using the supplied USB adapter.
NOTE: For convenience in using the Bloggie as a Webcam, the Tripod VCT-MTK can be purchased separately.
- When the USB connection is completed, the Mass Storage screen will appear on the LCD screen of the camera.
- On the Bloggie, press the Menu function button and select Web Camera.
- Download and install the Skype software from the Skype Web site at http://www.skype.com/download.
- Follow the directions in the Skype Setup Wizard screens to create a new account.
- In the Skype™ - Welcome screen window, click the Close this Welcome screen and start using Skype option.
- In the Skype window, click the appropriate link to add the friends and family you want to be able to call to your Contacts list.
- Click the Directory link to search and add contacts from the Skype Directory.
- Click the your email contacts to search and add contact from a Gmail, Hotmail, AOL or other e-mail service address book.
- In the Skype window, click Tools, and then click Options.
- In the Options window, click Video settings.
- In the Video settings window, next to Select Webcam, click the down arrow and then click to select your Bloggie model.
- Click the Save button to complete the Webcam setup process.
- In the Skype window, click to select the user you would like to call, and then click the Video call button.
- The user you have selected will receive a notification and be prompted to Answer, Answer with Video or Decline your call.
- Once the selected user accepts the invitation, the Video Conference will be enabled.
After the initial setup is completed and the computer is restarted, follow this procedure to start the Skype software:
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Skype, and then click Skype.
- Sign into the Skype service using the appropriate Skype ID and Password, and then click the Sign In button.
IMPORTANT: For assistance with any other issues concerning the Skype service, in the Skype window, click Help, and then click Get Help: Answers and Support.