IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If an error message appears in the display for the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver when trying to update the Setup Manager application software, follow these steps in order to resolve this issue.
- Press and hold down the POWER button on the A/V receiver until the green LED indicator light flashes.
- Restart the Setup Manager application software.
- Change the UPDATE(PC) setting to PERMIT in the menu of your A/V receiver by doing these steps:
- Using the supplied remote control, press the MENU button.
- Press the up or down arrow repeatedly to select SYSTEM SETTINGS, then press +.
- Press the up or down arrow repeatedly to select UPDATE(PC), then press +.
- Press the up or down arrow to select PERMIT, then press +.
- Press the RETURN/EXIT button to exit this menu.
- Download the update on the same computer that you installed the Setup Manager application software.
NOTE: Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Click System in the Setup Manager window reflected on the computer screen, then click Browse....
- Specify the path of the update program, then click Start Update.
- The A/V receiver will start updating.
- The MULTI CHANNEL DECODING lamp on the front of the A/V receiver will flash while the update is running.
- Once the update is complete, the A/V receiver will automatically restart.
- Do not turn the A/V receiver off or disconnect the network cable during the software update or a malfunction may occur.
- It may take up to 50 minutes for the software update to complete.