If you do not currently have a Gmail™ webmail account, follow these steps to create one:
IMPORTANT: Before attempting to complete this procedure, make sure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network .
NOTE: A Gmail webmail account is required in order to add a Google account to the tablet.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Gmail icon.
- In the Add a Google Account screen, tap New.
- In the Your Name screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter your first and last names, and then tap Next.
- In the Create email address screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the desired email address account name, and then tap Next.
NOTE: If the email address account name you entered has already been taken, Google will prompt you to make a new choice, as well as present you with several alternative suggestions, based on the account name you entered. You may need to repeat the process until an available and acceptable email address is found.
- In the Create password screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter a password (8 character minimum), confirm the password, and then tap Next.
- In the Recovery information screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the desired recovery email address.
- Below the Recovery email address, tap the down arrow to select the desired security question, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the answer to that question, and then tap Next.
- In the Join Google+ screen, tap the Not Now button.
NOTE: If you wish to join Google+, tap the Join Google+ button, follow the on-screen instructions, and then proceed to step 13.
- In the Finish creating account screen, tap the I accept.
- In the Authenticating screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the letters displayed in the white box, and then tap Next.
- In the Backup screen, tap Next.
- The Gmail app will open and begin the sync process.
NOTE: If desired, you can now setup this Google account on the tablet.