Enabling the Airplane mode will turn off all the wireless functions of the tablet. This feature is called Airplane mode because it is especially helpful when you are on an airplane and asked to turn off the wireless functions and need to do so quickly.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, under Data usage, tap to select More.
- In the Wireless & Networks screen, tap Airplane mode.
- With Airplane mode enabled, the Wireless and Bluetooth functions will automatically be disabled.
- A green check next to Airplane mode indicates that the feature is enabled.
- If there is no green check next to Airplane mode, the feature is not enabled.
Here is another quick way to enable or disable the Airplane mode function:
- On the desktop, in the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the Time or the Battery icon.
- Tap the Time again.
- Tap Airplane mode to turn it either ON or OFF.