By default, the tablet ships with the lock screen feature enabled and set to the Slide (Not secured) setting. This means that the screen will be locked when first starting up, but there will be no pattern, pin or password required to unlock the screen. Follow these steps to unlock the screen.
- The ability to open the Camera application or access the Notification area from the Lock screen is a feature specific to the Android version 4.0 (or later) operating system and is not available on Tablets that have not been updated to Android version 4.0 (or later).
- Perform a system update to upgrade your tablet to the latest version of the Android operating system.
- On the locked desktop screen, tap and hold the Lock icon.
- Drag the Lock icon you are holding over top of the Unlock symbol on the larger circle, and then release.
- The unlocked desktop home screen will now be displayed.
- You can also drag the Lock icon you are holding over top of the Camera symbol to access the camera feature without unlocking the tablet. This allows you a quick way to open the camera and take pictures with one simple motion.
- The the Notifications section of the tablet desktop is also available while the tablet is locked. Tap or swipe up in the Notifications section to open the larger view.
- If desired, you can change the lock screen settings .