By default, the tablet will play a sound whenever the screen is unlocked or a screen selection is made. These sounds can be turned off or on by following these steps:
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Sound.
- In the Sound screen:
- To turn off the sounds that are made when making an on-screen selection, tap Touch sounds.
- To turn off the sounds that are made when locking or unlocking the tablet, tap Screen lock sound.
NOTE: A checkmark in the box next to either Touch sounds or Screen lock sound indicates the feature is enabled, while no checkmark indicates that feature is disabled. Tap either feature again to toggle the feature from enabled (on) to disabled (off), or vice versa.