If the Internet device has no power or will not turn on, there may be a problem with the power source. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
- Press the POWER button on the Sony® Internet device.
- Press the POWER button on the keypad remote control.
- For the Sony Internet Blu-ray player, press the BD/EXT power button.
- If the unit turns on and off using the POWER button on the unit itself but does not respond to the POWER button on the keypad remote control, troubleshoot the remote control .
- Make sure the AC power cord is connected securely to a working wall outlet.
- Make sure the other end of the AC power cord is securely attached to the back of the Sony Internet device.
- Perform a power reset.
- Turn off the Sony Internet device.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Sony Internet device.
- If the Sony Internet device is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with power strip or surge protector and not the device.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.