IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
As part of the normal operation of the Walkman® player, one of the following messages may appear whenever the Walkman player is connected to a computer.
- USB Connected (MTP). The Timer and Alarm will not function.
- USB Connected (MTP). The Timer and Alarm will become invalid.
- USB Connected (MTP). The Player cannot be operated.
- Connecting USB (MTP).
- The buttons or controls on the Walkman player will not operate until the USB is disconnected.
- If you have disconnected the player from the computer, and after waiting a few moments (longer depending on the size of the playlist), the message remains on the screen, and you are unable to operate the player, it may be necessary to reset the player by pressing the reset button on the player.
After the Walkman player is disconnected and while the player is creating a database based on the playlist, the player may display Connecting USB (MTP) or Connecting USB (MTP) The Timer and Alarm will become invalid. This is normal operation and the message should disappear.
NOTE: After the playlist transferring, a Do not disconnect message appears. While the message appears, do not disconnect the player from the computer.
If after waiting a few moments (longer depending on the size of the playlist), the message remains on the screen and you are unable to operate the player, it may be necessary to reset the player by pressing the reset button on the player.
If the player continues to display the message or is unoperable after a reset, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.